CDL-A Dedicated Yard Switcher-DNN
1415 Neal St Cookeville, TN 38502
CDL-A Dedicated Yard Switcher-DNN
Driver types hired: Company Driver
Equipment types hired: Dry Van
Hiring drivers within 100 miles of 37167 (Smyrna, TN)Apply Now!
About Averitt Express
Attention CDL-A Drivers! We're offering a $2,000 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through November 30, 2018! ($1,000 at 90 days and $1,000 at 180 days!).- excluding students.
Now hiring CDL-A Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates!
If less than 1 year of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
We have an immediate opening for full-time Yard Switcher to help serve our dedicated automotive customer in Smyrna, Tennessee.
As a Yard Switcher, you'll play a critical role in our customer's transportation needs by ensuring the timely movement of trailers in and out of the docks on-site at the customer's location.
Some of the responsibilities of an Averitt Yard Switcher include:
- Sunday through Thursday night shift starting between 9:00pm-10:00pm or Monday through Friday starting between 2:00p - 3:00p
- Friday and/or Saturday work as customer demands
- 5-6 day work week depending on production
- Overtime applies after 40 hours per week
- The usual 5 day work week is 40-45 hours
- Performing pre- and post-shift equipment safety inspections
- Hooking/unhooking trailers
- Frequent bending for placement of wheel chocks
- Lifting/opening trailer doors
- Sliding trailer tandems when necessary
- Safely entering/exiting yard tractor numerous times per shift
- Safely maneuvering equipment with good backing skills
Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Start pay of $18.50/ hour (top out of $19/ hour)
Paid Training Programs:
Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus! Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 per month for the first 12 months and $250 for months 13 - 24.
If you have less than 12 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-5 weeks. After training you will start at 18.50/ hour.
Check out the many benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A Driver:
- Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$81.70 per week for family coverage
$32.05 per week for single coverage
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation)
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Must live within a 100 mile radius from the Averitt Service Center.
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days
OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility).
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
- Open/Close trailer door - force requirement: 46 lbs.
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs.
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Regular predictable attendance
- Frequent bending for placement of wheel chocks.
- Safely enter/exit yard tractor 100+ times per shift.
To apply for this position over the phone give us a call at 888-967-5487, we're available Monday - Friday from 7 am to 7pm & Saturday from 8 am to 12 pm CST.