Great Plains Transport Inc
200 1st Ave SE Mapleton, ND 58059
Driver types hired: Company Driver
Equipment types hired: Refrigerated
About Great Plains Transport Inc
$1,000.00 Orientation Pay
Up to $0.50 per Mile
2,750-3,500 Miles per Week
Medical, Dental & 401k
Bonus Programs & More!
• Transport and deliver freight over the road over long distances in a safe, efficient, timely and legal manner.
• Hook and unhook trailers; secure freight; install and remove tire chains as required by weather, tarp and un-tarp freight if operating flatbeds.
• Complete all necessary paperwork and maintain records required under state and federal laws and regulations.
• Ensure that all operations follow state and federal laws and regulations.
• Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects/repairs to company personnel.
• Represent the company and the trucking industry in a professional manner.
• Valid commercial driver’s license.
• One year of OTR verifiable experience.
• Knowledge of all applicable dot regulations and motor carrier safety regulations.
• Meet all standards (medical, safety, etc.) Required by the dot and pass required drug/alcohol test.
• Acceptable background investigation results.
• Able to be away from home for extended periods of time, available for round-the-clock trips and able to remain alert while driving for periods of up to 11 hours.
• Able to squat, crouch and reach as needed to handle freight, able to enter and exit the vehicle’s cab numerous times each day.
• Able to push and pull freight at a self-selected height with a force of 150 pounds. – Flatbed Only
• Able to access and manually release fifth wheel lever and tandem pins which requires horizontal.
• Pulling with a force of 100 pounds at a height of 44 inches and pulling with a force of 100 pounds at a height of 38 inches. – Flatbed Only
• Able to occasionally carry or move freight weighing up to 70 pounds. – Flatbed Only
• Able to install and remove tire chains, hook and unhook trailers, secure freight.
• For flatbeds: able to handle, install and remove special equipment weighing up to 110 pounds including chains, straps, tarps, tie-downs, etc.
• Must be able to work in severe weather conditions – both heat and cold.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
*PLEASE NOTE: This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and the company reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
Equipment Experience Accepted
Hiring Area By State
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia